Thursday, September 24, 2015

Gold Beach Day 2

I spent an uneventful night illegally parked on the threshhold of the RV park.  No one bothered me but I woke up around 6:30-7:00 and moved to Jerry's parking lot.  I took another nap and awoke to find the fog was still pretty thick. I just wasn't in the mood for the boat ride.  I wandered down the road a bit and came to what I knew would be a gorgeous beach if it wasn't socked in solid. I still went for a walk and enjoyed the cool fog.



 I didn't want to keep driving as I hadn't seen anything south of Gold Beach before and wasn't going to today! I had dinner at the Porthole......it was just ok but redeemed themselves when they served me about a pound of fabulous coconut cake for dessert.  I headed across the river to the place I'd boondocked last time. It was pretty deserted, though the same van was in the same place down in one of the hollows. As I was parked there sitting in the driver's seat enjoying the sunset, this goober pulls up and parks right across my nose a few feet away, Since there was like 800' of vacant shoreline, I thought it was an asshole move.



He finally left and I read for a while, then hit the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment